Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Chop Chop!!



So in China any official paper has a "Chop" on it. It is a red stamp that means it is official. A work permit needs your company 'chop' to be accepted - you get the idea. So I figger the DSGuy needs a chop too so I had an official one made. I have a Chinese name that was given to me by a loose (very loose!) committee of people I work with, led by the guy that runs my Hong Kong office. It is a pretty cool name that sounds like my real last name a little but is a common Chinese family name with 2 given names that imply lovely attributes that I am FAR too modest to name. (Unless you buy me a glass of wine). Anyway here is the 'chop maker' carving the old style chinese symbols into the bottom of a stone stamp. This goes on all correspondence from now on. . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm..... red or white? :p

:)

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous work. Hates off
smith
-----------
Free Direct TV

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home